Sales & Events Coordinator
We are recruiting for a Full Time Sales & Events Coordinator to join our team to work within the sales and events department.
The Hotel is ongoing and extensive refurbishment and rebranding project.
Being part of the IHG family there are fabulous benefits, including employee rates worldwide and 50% on F&B outlets during your stay.
- To provide a professional ‘complete’ conference and Special Events service, ensuring the customer journey is seamless.
- To manage the sales process from the initial enquiry through to the actual event day and to establish a close rapport with each guest, making certain that the service we deliver exceeds their expectations.
- To develop the hotels’ conference and Events business to deliver financial targets.
- Take all enquires to the hotel by phone, fax, email and all internet portals.
- Answer incoming calls to the office within 3 rings and deal with them efficiently.
- Ensure prompt and efficient management of all Conference and Events enquiries, guest queries and requests.
- Manage the Conference and Events sales process commencing with the initial enquiry, the first and subsequent hotel show rounds, to converting the booking through to the final appointment.
- Welcome and build rapport with every potential conference booking agents or Event guests, using diplomacy and effective listening. Identify the buying signals to convert the initial enquiry into a sale.
- Ensure all correspondence that comes into the office is actioned and filed correctly.
- Manage a flexible appointment diary to suit our customers incorporating evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Prepare bespoke quotations and brochure material in line with company standards. Compile customer contracts and pro-forma invoices accurately; mailing and emailing hotel information promptly.
- Establish clear, effective internal hotel & supplier communication channels to ensure all the guests’ requirements are delivered to the letter, whilst adhering to all internal deadlines.
- Be present on the day of your customers’ event.
- Maximise the revenue and profit contribution for all the function rooms and track conference financial performance targets to support effective reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure payments and accounts paid in accordance with Mercure conference and Event Terms and Conditions.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of your Conference/Weddings / Events competitor and the local market place, trends, opportunities and pricing and react accordingly.
- Oversee Christmas party bookings and specialty events throughout the year.
- Drive hotel annual Conference and Events sales plans in conjunction with the management team to support the achievement of financial targets.
- Attend all Open days, Wedding Fairs and Sales Exhibitions and build up a preferred supplier list.
- Compile and check details appertaining to the weekly function sheet meeting, Ensure all information is communicated precisely, clearly & correctly.
- Ensure all contracts are chased and returned within allocated time period.
- Create and manage a Conference and Events database to facilitate the cross selling of Weddings and Events services of the hotel.
- Identify Conference and Events sales opportunities and proactively generate and convert new enquiries. · Attend all company training seminars as required. Comply with all health, safety and legal requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Haslemere: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person